A Hub is a custom resource center where OER Commons clients can share collections associated with a project or organization.
You can browse collections on any of our Hubs and save your favorite resources to your own private folders.
- Login to OER Commons
- Click the “Connect” link in the Global Navigation Menu. Select “Hubs” from the drop down menu.
- Find a Hub you are interested in, and click on the thumbnail or Hub title to access the Hub’s main page.
Finding Resources on a Hub
Once you’ve arrived on the Hub page you can:
- Use the search bar to find exactly what you’re looking for by entering keywords or search phrases into the search bar.
- Scroll down to the Collections and Groups and browse by topic.
Viewing and Saving a Resource
Once you’ve landed on a search results page:
- Click the title of a resource from the list of search results to get an in depth snapshot of a resource, which includes full metadata description, alignments, evaluations, and user comments
- If you’d like to view the full resource, click the green View Resource button.\
- If you’d like to save a resource, click the Save button on the OER Commons toolbar located at the top of the screen. Note: If you do not see the OER Commons toolbar, it may not be enabled in your account permissions. Edit your account settings to show toolbar when viewing resources.
- Click the folder or subfolder where you would like to save the resource. If you’d like to create a new folder, simply click the green “Create New Folder” button at the bottom of your Folders list. Tip: You may save the resource in more than one folder.