There are three stages to creating an educational resource in Open Author: Write, Describe, and Submit.
Step 1: Write your resource
Once you have started Open Author, you are ready to create your resource.
- Type a descriptive title for your resource.
- Create a Table of Contents with headings and subheadings.
- Create your resource in the open field.
- Insert links from external sources by typing the text you would like displayed and paste in the link.
- Insert media such as videos, images, audio, and PDFs to make your resource interactive. (a Upload an item from your computer or paste in a link from the web.(b)Click next to fill out a description of the media. Click Submit.
- Add a Co-Author if you are working with another person
- Upload a Google Doc from your Drive
- Click the Next Step: Describe button
Resource Guidelines for educators:
- Create resources that are understable and can be successfully used by others.
- Create resources that support sound pedagogical practice.
- Advance professional learning and sharing.
- Contain accurate and relevant content knowledge.
- Create resources that are developmentally and culturally appropriate.
See also: Describe your resource