Open Author is a project of ISKME, a non-profit and leader in the field of open education. One of our projects is OER Commons, an award-winning library of open educational resources (OER). In OER Commons, we bring together the world’s finest open educational resources for teaching and learning. Open Author is a new tool in OER Commons and supports the teacher as professional and creator, providing an environment where educational resources can now be freely accessed and remixed to support an array of learning needs and diverse instructional contexts. We’re really excited about the potential ofOpen Author to support educators to build strong learning opportunities.
What can we help you with?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I brand an entire set of resources for my organization?
- Why should I complete my profile?
- How does the system review resources?
- Why can’t I change the license on a resource I’ve published?
- Do I have to tag my resource with a Common Core State Standard?
- Why do I need to tag/describe my resources?
- I see a reference to a resource I copied in the footer of my resource. What does this mean?
- What types of media can I embed in Open Author?
- How do I contribute to an Open Author resource?
- Why do I have to register to use Open Author?