The option to Make a Copy will appear on Open Author resources that have been given use licenses that allow for their editing and remixing. You may use this option to copy an Open Author resource to edit for your unique educational context. The option to make a copy will not appear on resources that do not have these permissions, so you do not need to worry about violating copyright laws when you use the make a copy feature.
What can we help you with?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I brand an entire set of resources for my organization?
- Why should I complete my profile?
- How does the system review resources?
- Why can’t I change the license on a resource I’ve published?
- Do I have to tag my resource with a Common Core State Standard?
- Why do I need to tag/describe my resources?
- I see a reference to a resource I copied in the footer of my resource. What does this mean?
- What types of media can I embed in Open Author?
- How do I contribute to an Open Author resource?
- Why do I have to register to use Open Author?