You do not need to add a standards tag to your resource, unless it is designed to teach or learn that standard. The tool for adding standards tags on a resource is on the Open Author Describe screen. Once Common Core State Standards-aligned resources are tagged with this tool, they will be easily discovered by other educators when they search in OER Commons for standards-aligned resources.
What can we help you with?
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I brand an entire set of resources for my organization?
- Why should I complete my profile?
- How does the system review resources?
- Why can’t I change the license on a resource I’ve published?
- Do I have to tag my resource with a Common Core State Standard?
- Why do I need to tag/describe my resources?
- I see a reference to a resource I copied in the footer of my resource. What does this mean?
- What types of media can I embed in Open Author?
- How do I contribute to an Open Author resource?
- Why do I have to register to use Open Author?